This is a Shot List Excerpt from the Academy Award winning film Lady Bird. This excerpt was used by Sam Levy, DP as part of his live Q&A on Cinematography, January 30th 2021.
77. Int. Bathroom – Day
– single of LB at sink – she finds photo of Kyle in her yearbook
– Over LB, insert of Kyle’s picture in the yearbook.
– CU – LB’s feet
LB is in her private reverie, and you think that the scene is over, but then Marion comes in and the scene is still going. LB has barricaded herself
– a drawer is open, and the door bangs into it.
MARION STRUGGLES TO TALK ABOUT DEPRESSION
-single of LB before Marion enters – she finds the meds – Mom enters this shot and now we are in a 2 shot – LB sits on the toilet and Mom looks in the mirror
-single of Mom – reflected in the mirror – END
SCENE WITH THIS SHOT – MOM FINISHES HER MAKEUP.
-single of LB - reflected in the mirror
31. Ext. Rose Garden – Afternoon into Night:
Series of shots: Lady Bird and Danny doing teenage stuff. Running around the Rose Garden as the sun sets – light is soft and beautiful. They are falling in love.
– Wide 2 shot – camera looks straight down at the two of them – save this angle editorially for “BRUCE!” at the end of the scene.
-Tighter 2 shot of LB and Danny.
– Single of LB
– Single of Danny